Responsibility of All Members
1. IGCC members vow to treat all IGs with kindness and respect. They shall promote the use of positive training methods.
2. All dogs will be kept under safe and sanitary conditions and be given the appropriate health care and protection.
3. Members will not maliciously slander other members nor seek to impair the reputation of other breeders.
4. Members will advertise only in a professional manner. All advertisements shall be factual, concise and non-embellished.
5. No member of this club shall engage in the selling of puppies or dogs to wholesalers, pet shops or animal dealers of any kind.
Responsibility of Breeders
1. The IGCC firmly believes that all breeding stock must be a minimum of 2 years of age when bred. This club does acknowledge that extenuating circumstances may arise. In such a case, the breeder must submit a written, signed explanation to the club secretary stating the reason for breeding an animal less than 2 years of age.
As with all portions of the COE, abuse of this process will be reported to the disciplinary committee. Breeders will strive to conform to the CKC Italian Greyhound standard to improve progeny.
2. Prior to breeding, owners of studs and bitches will screen for patellar luxation by a qualified veterinarian. Eyes are to CERFED as clear for breeding by a board certified ophthalmologist.
3. Breeders are responsible for all dogs they produce. Breeders must make every effort to take back or rehome any dog they have placed that is in need.
4. A dog/bitch unsuitable for breeding must be sold with a non-breeding agreement or shall be altered before being sent to a new home.
Responsibility of Exhibitors
1. Dogs to be shown shall be presented clean and properly groomed.
2. Members shall realize that they represent the dog fancy in general. More specifically, they represent the Italian Greyhound breed to the general public. As such, members will act in a professional manner and exhibit good sportsmanship to others at all times. In addition, members will respect the rules of the local community including hotels/motels, show event sites and/or sponsors.
Enforcement and Discipline
1. Every member of the IGCC will be required to sign an acceptance of the code of ethics upon application and to renew acceptance annually with membership renewal.
2. Breach of any of the above items may result in disciplinary action, which may involve termination of membership.
Last Updated on Monday, 11 May 2009 17:52